Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, April 2, 2012

Touring the City

Today was one for the books. I've had my camera with me every day since I landed in Italy. I've photographed every day, every outfit and almost every meal. However, the one day that I do an in-depth tour of a city of my choosing, I forget my camera. Oy vey. Luckily, Shannen had the camera on her phone which she used to help us remember the day. But I'm still irritated with myself!

We started our British day off right. I ate a crumpet (soo delicious!) and a banana. And a cup of coffee! Who am I?!

Then we took the Piccadilly line to Trafalgar Square. From there, we hopped onto a double decker bus and did the "Original Tour" of London. We got to see the city from the traditional viewpoint, which was so incredibly nice. We were able to see everything, from St. Paul's Cathedral (beautiful!!) to Tower Bridge to London's newest skyscraper, the Spike.

One thing that I really found interesting was the amount of "stress reducing" items in the city. First, I saw a tai chi class going on in the plaza of the National Gallery. Then, I saw a flyer for free meditation classes. And then I saw a poster while waiting in a que that said "d*n't t@ke !t out on the staff" which I found really clever. I thought it was really nice that the city pushes for relaxation and peacefulness... Especially because life in the big city can get so stressful and overwhelming.

A word on the British accent before I forget? Love. It. It's so classy and smart and beautiful. I wish I could spend every day for the rest of my life surrounded by Brits. They're perf.

Okay. That's all for now!! Sorry I don't have more for you.

Ciao y'all!

2 comments:

Will said...

soo what you are saying is we should move to the UK? If so I agree.

joycefre said...

Abby...love you and miss you!

Post a Comment