Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just Another Day in Paradise

Today has been absolutely amazing. So amazing, in fact, that for the time being I'm skipping over the past week and a half of blogging in order to talk about today. Promise I'll get back to it!

Today is my "off day" which means that I don't get to teach. These are usually my long days, as I truly enjoy teaching lessons. However, for whatever reason, today was different. First period I was planning, which basically means I wrote reflections for my professors and talked to the other girls who were planning. Second period I had off, and Kirsten, Courtney and I relaxed while eating breakfast and sipping cappuccinos. Third period I was helping in a classroom that Stephen and Ashlyn were teaching. The lesson was about seasons and the kids seriously loved it. After that, we were interviewed for a local paper. If it ends up getting published, I'll be sure to snag a copy or two!

Lunch was mushroom risotto. Just take a moment to appreciate how happy that made me... Okay. Then Kelsey and I did laundry. Although the weather had been perfect literally all day, halfway through drying our clothes we noticed it started raining. That meant we had to hike back up the huge hill in the rain with all our laundry. At least we got in our cardio for the day!

Now I get to take a two hour nap before dinner. Hopefully dinner won't be soup, because we're going to need our energy for our big traveling day tomorrow! We're leaving for Cinque Terra at 5:30 AM and will arrive around 10:00. We'll spend the weekend outdoors in the (hopefully) beautiful weather. We are planning on hiking, kayaking and snorkeling. And pray for sunshine, because my legs could definitely use some sun!

I hope all is well in America, but if not have no fear! I'll be back in just over two weeks.

Ciao y'all!

2 comments:

Will said...

Glad you had a good day :) If only your boyfriends letter would have made it today ;)

Abby said...

Your letter may or may not have had SOMETHING to do with my wonderful day :)

Post a Comment