Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Last Day at La Pievuccia

Ohhh myyy lord. We just finished a five course meal and all I have to say is thank God for the 2% spandex in my jeans. If not for it, I'd probably have a huge split down the middle. It's strange; in the US I get uncomfortably full on a regular basis but here I haven't gotten full to the point of discomfort ONCE. I don't know if it's the multiple courses, the fresh foods or the length of time we spend eating. But whatever it is I am absolutely grateful. Because I don't get excessively full, I can eat everything in sight. It's a blessing!

The food here is unlike anything I've ever eaten. Every time we are presented with a meal, my tastebuds are exposed to an array of what I can only describe as beautiful flavors. I'll have an entire album on Facebook dedicated exclusively to the food I've been eating, so make sure to check that out. You will drool.

Speaking of drool, I really miss my puppy. Luckily there's a dog here at La Pievuccia so I've been able to pet him enough to get my puppy fix. She's no Freeman dog, but she'll have to do for the time being.

Today we met with Celena, one of the school's senior teachers, and she seemed to love all of our lesson plans. She talked about the classrooms we'll be teaching in and the personalities of the classes that we will be meeting on Monday. I cannot wait to jump right in! And I can't wait to see Marny!! She should be back at Santa Chiara sometime this week, and I'll probably tackle her out of excitement. It's been too long!

I'm going to get into bed now because we have an early morning tomorrow, and you know how I feel about mornings. Wake up at 6:15!? Gross! But then we'll be in Florence for the day and it'll all be worth it! Until next time...

Ciao y'all!

2 comments:

joycefre said...

Ok...am going to try posting again. Hopefully, this one will publish! First of all, Callie is happy, healthy, and learning all sorts of bad habits! The other dogs are keeping her so busy that she doesn't have time to be sad...but I know she misses her mom.

It's great reading your blog and being able to follow your adventures. Your food descriptions made me SO hungry...but that's not really that hard to do these days...sigh!

Not sure if they celebrate it in Italy, but HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!

joycefre said...

POSTING SUCCESS---WHOOP!

Post a Comment