Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 1, 2012

London Calling!

First off, I'd like to apologize for my lack of postings. Life has been crazy and wonderful and I've barely had the time to breathe, never mind sit down and write a blog! But here it goes.

First, I need to talk about where I am right now. Guess what... I'm in London!! It's so nice to finally be in a country where I can understand the locals!

I'm staying with a family friend, the Kouloumases, with my friend Shannen. I can't even start to explain how lovely it is to feel at home. The Kouloumas family is absolutely wonderful. The mother, Dee, reminds me so much of my mom. She is so warm and welcoming and sweet, and she never fails to make me laugh. The father, George, reminds me of my dad. He's smart, funny and kind as can be. They have three boys (Tom-16, Phil-18 and Andreas-20) which are all so hospitable and loving and fun to spend time with.

Back to my travels. Friday morning at 5:00 we left Santa Chiara to take the train to Florence. From there, we transferred to Pisa. We spent some time exploring Pisa (woo hoo for the Leaning Tower... and not a whole bunch else) and then headed to the airport to fly to London.

One sketchy Ryan Air flight later... We made it!! I adore London. I could totally see myself living here. There's a great vibe here, and it resonates with me for whatever reason.

Since this is our spring break, Shannen and I have taken the time to just chill. It's been so nice to walk around the city and spend time with the Kouloumases. Tonight we went to a family party and had the chance to eat AMAZING Greek food, socialize with this sweet family and just relax. Tomorrow will be a tourist-y day in London. After a few days of relaxation and family time, I'm excited to see the sites!

Okay... I PROMISE I'll write again tomorrow. And it should be more entertaining next time!! Enjoy the pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment