Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Final Reflections

As I write this, I'm sitting in my casita at La Pievuccia in my second-to-last night in Italy. I just finished writing my "final reflection" for my professor, and I found it only fitting to give you my reflection as well. In truth, I haven't been keeping this blog as up-to-date I had intended. In part, it's because I was busy. Part of it was because I was lazy, part of it was because I was already writing two reflections a week and couldn't bear a third. But the biggest hang-up for me was that I didn't know what to write. I didn't know how I could possibly explain everything I was experiencing. But now I'll do my best to sum it all up.

I am so incredibly happy right now. I have had a wonderful time here, and I've experienced living in another country - something that I'll finally be able to check off my bucket list. People in my program are all getting really sentimental and sad, but for some reason I'm not. Originally this shocked me, as I'm one of the most emotional people I know. But then it hit me: I'm not sad because I'm not leaving anything. The memories I've made, the friendships I've created, the connections I had with students, the sights I've seen (and yes, even the weight I've gained!) will all come back with me. This trip isn't ending, it's simply becoming a part of my life; a part of me!

I know I'm getting really sappy here, but I can't help it. I'm soo happy! I can't wait to be home (because believe me I'm homesick!) but I am so unbelievably happy to have experienced everything I have.

As a side note, I'll try to come back and recap everything I've forgotten to blog about, but for now, this is my final CIAO Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment